WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?
I am still in a daze today. I guess M's passing is affecting me more than I thought it would.
Friends SMSed and called to find out. I told them to read the papers, particularly Berita Harian and Harian Metro. Or to visit Samantha.
I am in no mood to write. Nor do anything else.
Depressing. Depressing. Depressing.
Friends die. Or they simply drop out of your life. Sometimes by mutual choice. And when they go, they take away a chunk of you, your history.
My already small circle of friends is getting smaller. I have opened my heart to new friends, and with time, I hope the circle will never end up a dot. Because a dot denotes a period. And a period means an end.
Between thinking of the old friends whom I have lost and the new, newer ones I have made and will probably lose, I came across this article on friendship, written by Jenni Russell that appeared in The Guardian two years ago.
Check it out.
Have a good day.
God Bless.

6 comments:

Wetbenang
again.. hope you can deal with what you're facing now. Be strong.. that's my only advice. Anyway.. am also depressed today.. so many things at work really got to my nerves.. *sigh*

5:06 PM  

Xis,
I'm dealing with it...Thanks. You take care, 'k? You know very well what depression does to you, kan?

5:39 PM  

Bang Man, thanqs for making my blog a reference to our friends. At least, they will not live with question marks about his sudden departure like I did. At least we know for sure that he was not alone during his final moments.....that would be really tragic :(

Semoga kita jugak tidak akan keseorangan, Insyallah.....

8:00 PM  

Che Man, very stimulating and thought provoking article. And how very true what Epicurus oberved.."eating or drinking without a friend is the life of a lion or wolf"....ayooooo...everytime I dig into the awesome bagel, pie, frappita, quiche etc...I wish for my family and friends - to share the glorious food with me....so tak best makan seorang2.....I dig in, nevertheless...:) such is life...

8:23 PM  

observed...ishk...:)

8:24 PM  

Wetbenang
yeah.. I know what depression can cause us... hmm.. have faith in God.. and stay strong.. :)

1:25 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home