DUMB, DUMBER, DUMBEST
Last night, after dropping off a colleague at the Kg Baru LRT station, I took Jln TAR to go home. The plan was to turn right at the Jln TAR-Jln Sultan Ismail junction and then on to Jln Kuching to head south. This was close to midnight.
Alas, after Sogo, the traffic moved at a snail's pace. Apparently some resurfacing work was being done at the junction. And they never thought of giving us motorists advanced warning -- say 200-250 metres before the junction -- about this. They just simply blocked the junction and directed traffic to turn left to Jln Sultan Ismail through that small turning at the lights. No warning!
So you can imagine the congestion with four lanes of traffic converging to the left. What stupid idiots. In the end, because of the wonderful road system in KL, the detour made me end up where I started, near my office.
A couple of months ago, the same thing happened to me in PJ, and a few weeks before that on Jln Tun Abdul Razak, right smack at the entrance of the south-bound tunnel near the RHB building. They were doing some work in the tunnel, and just simply blocked the tunnel's entrance. Stupid, or what?
Well, if they weren't, you argue, would they be doing that kind of work in the first place? Point taken, I say, but what about their supervisors? Don't they possess some degree of common sense?
Whoa. Wait a minute, you say. Why pick on those road repair riff-raffs when some of our so-called elected leaders who are supposed to have a bit of brain to run this bloody country are as dumb, or even dumber?
A few days ago, a Cabinet Minister continued to display symptoms of the food-in-the-mouth disease that intermittently afflict many of his counterparts. Read this petikan from the March 8 edition of Sin Chew Jit Poh:
Tengku Adnan: Bloggers are Liars; 80% are Unemployed Women
The Tourism Minister Tunku Adnan lashed out today that all bloggers on the Internet are liars, out of which 80% are unemployed women.
“All bloggers are liars, they cheat people using all kinds of methods. From my understanding, out of 10,000 unemployed bloggers, 8,000 are women.”
Tengku Adnan was addressing the media at the 2007 Malaysia GP Sales when he was asked about allegations made on a blog.
The guests were shocked at first, but burst into laughter. He said he may lose some female voters but did not retract his statement or indicate that he was just joking.
He said that bloggers spread rumours, disrupt social harmony and many bloggers are slanderous and are cheating people with their blogs.
“All bloggers are not in favour of national unity. Our country has been successful because we are very tolerant with each other, if not, there will be civil war, the Malays will kill the Chinese, the Chinese will take revenge and kill the Malays, and the Indian will kill everyone.”
He urged the rakyat not to simply trust bloggers, and gamble our future away because the achievement we gain in the 50 years of independence is not an easy task.
Stupid, or what?
Stupid.

9 comments:

Wetbenang
err.. does it mean you're office is near to my office? My office is somewhere near to Sogo.. Anyway.. I wonder if Tengku Adnan really did a survey on this.. I guess he like to generalize things.. which is quite typical for most politicians.. hmm..

10:13 AM  

Hi Xis,
No, my office is somewhere near KLCC. The things I hate most about politicians are their stupidity and unaccountability.

10:26 AM  

Wetbenang
near klcc? hmm.. okay.. anyway.. politicians' stupidity and unaccountability are often accepted by many people esp. their supporters .. I wonder why...

6:54 PM  

Hi Xis (I am wetbenang's friend), I can't help but to continue from where u left...the pea-sized brain politicians are accepted by certain people because of feudalism - we were socialized into beliving that accepting is the way and NOT to question as what is given is the best from the status quo. Those out of the box, will wonder & ponder & question. But again, there's so many that rather not "susahkan otak & hidup" mereka...Why rock the boat when the boat nicely sailing...To begin with, are they aware that the boat is full of **** ?? Of course not....

Am sure that u are aware of all these..I just need to document it..ha ha ha...Cheerio

Hi Bang Man :)

6:46 AM  

Samantha
thanks for completing what was not.. ;) And yes. I know you're his friend.. :)

10:11 AM  

Xis, I do read your blog and I am so mesmerized by your articulate and artful writing. Colourful and vibrant words/sentences that describe everything profoundingly...Way to go...I enjoy reading your writeups and can vividly picture it...Keep writing and live by it..:) Cheerio

7:03 PM  

Samantha
I'm touched by your compliment.. but I'm way too far from being a good writer.. Still learning.. Thanks for dropping by at my blog..


Abg Man
meant to ask you this long time ago but I kept forgetting.. I am so in love with this background music playing in your blog.. do you know where can I buy it?

12:32 PM  

Adik Xis,
You may try Rock Corner (at The Curve, or Mid Valley).

12:57 AM  

Wetbenang
thanks... will look for it there one of these days.. hmm.. "adik"...? cool!! ;)

6:09 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home