LIFE, DEATH -- PART IV
So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things, and to Him you will all be brought back. -- Surah Yaasin: 83

The mobile rang. It was 1.45pm, Saturday, August 4. “Salaam, Abang. Are you still on the way? Oh, that’s about 45 minutes to here already. I just wanted to tell you that Uncu has passed away. Ten minutes ago. Drive safely, and see you here soon.”

Ayong, ever so polite, ever so calm, hung up. Many more people to call, many things to arrange for.

My heart sank, and sank, and sank. I had so wanted to visit Uncu again, but duty and travel had not permitted. And that Saturday, I resolved to go see him.

The three-hour ride to the hospital felt like forever. It's always like that, isn't it? Time seems like an eternity when you want less of it, but flies by in a blink when you desperately need more of it.

Three years ago, I promised myself that I wouldn’t turn into this person who’d put work and everything else before family and loved ones.

I kept that promise for two years. This year, the promise was broken. And with that, several hearts as well.

Sorry I am. Shame I bear. Regrets I live with.

There is a time for everything

And a season for every activity under heaven

A time to be born and a time to die

A time to plant and a time to uproot

And a time to kill and a time to heal

A time to weep and a time to laugh

A time to mourn and a time to dance

A time to embrace and a time to refrain

A time to search and a time to give up

A time to keep and a time to throw away

A time to love and a time to hate

A time for war and a time for peace

– From the film "Two Brothers" by Richard Bell

3 comments:

A time to listen and a time to understand...........
A time to be stressful and a time to destress...............:)

Take it easy Bang Man.....

11:43 AM  

Wetbenang
again.. alfatihah to the arwah.. Anyway.. cheer up...

Remember at this point of time.. we all have to be Mazlela.. hhehe..

1:18 PM  

Al Fatehah. Take care.

8:37 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home