HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... TO ME!!

Well, folks, today is my birthday. Although a year older, I'm much, much happier, and thankful for all of God's blessings, for my family, my close friends, my twin goodsons through whom I learnt the true meaning of unconditional love, my colleagues, and for all the people who have touched my life and heart in one way or another.
A dear friend posted this on her blog, and I'm touched beyond words (Che Man is the name she fondly calls me by):

HAPPY BESDAY CHE MAN DEARIE
By New Zealand's time and date, it is already February 21st, way past midnite. Therefore, HAPPY HAPPY BESDAY CHE MAN DEARIE AND MANY MORE AWESOME YEARS TO COME. LURRVEEE YOU MUCH.
I pray for your good mental and physical health, I wish you happiness and joy, I pray for your wealth and may life be generous with you - always, I wish good friends will always be with you, I pray for what your heart desires, I wish you never ending smiles and I pray that ALLAH will always take care of you ... Amen.
Che Man and me - we came a long way. We started more than 15 years ago and how we came about to be good friends, remains an enigma. We never count moments, days or years. We just sail through in and out of the relationships ... We had our good moments, sad moments, peculiar meoments, awkward moments, ha ha ha moments, tender moments and all sort of moments - the ups and downs. Through it all, we became closer and wiser in our relationships.
Che Man is not just a friend - but part of my family. Che Man was there when Tuya was bawling away when she was a baby. Che Man was at most of the family's celeberations - besdays, raya, just makan2, just gathering, just nothing ....
Just before I left for Christchurch, I was looking at some photos at mama's place and found Che Man's pictures with Kak Long and family at the zoo, a day after I left for London. Che Man was there, with or without me around ..... Just like most of my close friends (Kash is a splendid new addition - thank you Che Man for Kash).
Che Man is a man of few words but whenever he speaks up - it comes straight from the heart. I tried to fully understand him but I decided that it is best that we went with the flow and grow .... We flow in the relationships and grow within it. And we have grown into where we are today. Thank you God for Che Man. And thank you Che Man for having me in your life. It has been a pleasure and will always be.....
Che Man...whatever you do in your life, wherever you go and whichever way you decide...I will only pray the BEST for you. And I always believe that we are allowed to make many mistakes in our lives but not mistakes that destroy us (Paulo Coelho, 1998).
I am so sad for not able to be there on you birthday and the celeberation. I am sure that you're gonna have a blast just like the years before as you are especially loved and appreciated by your friends.
And thank you very much for the awesome celeberation for my birthday that you thoughtfully organized for me. I appreciate that very much. And you know that you will always have a special place in my heart, Insyallah.....
Lurvve Always, Che Wan - Christchurch, February 21st, 2007
Needless to say, I shed a couple of tears. I miss her, although she has only been gone 10 days....
And to those who have also extended your good wishes and kind thoughts, wherever you are, thank you very much. May God bless you and your loved ones, too.

3 comments:

Happy Birthday, WetBenang. many happy returns...

3:07 PM  

Dear Zeyn,

Thank you.
I'll be in Kuching for a 4-day break in April. Any suggestion for must-do/must-see thingys?

1:17 PM  

wetbenang,

you're welcome.

go to my blog. search for 'Welcome To My City...' at the sidebar. i can't tell you elaborately in here, unless by then i would be in Kuching. too bad i'd only be flying back mid-May.

just go through whatever that has been put there and yeah, the best way to get around Kuching is to ditch the travel brochures.

good luck and have a pleasant stay in my city.

5:42 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home