WE ARE A SENSITIVE LOT ... NOT

OK, more of the AF saga. Sorry, folks, I just have to do this, and get it out of my chest, otherwise I tak tidur lena (over!).
So, apologies over the dadah comment incident were asked and accepted -- well, it looked like they were accepted -- and we hope everyone will now bury the hatchet, along with other things that need burying, doping habits included.
I guess Astro now can take the credit for bringing the episode to a close, and hope that no one else would make any more controversial incendiary remarks, especially those that would offend the students, their parents, critics, guest artistes, etc. Right?
Wrong! I am still reeling from shock over the word "n_gg_r" uttered by the host when describing the different style or image adopted by each of the students during last weekend's concert. I almost fell off my sofa when I heard it. I couldn't believe my ears!
Yet no one has said anything. No one has screamed murder, no one has demanded a public apology, unlike over the dadah episode. Which goes to show that typical Melayu are only sensitive to criticisms yang kena batang hidung sendiri, no matter how true they are. Those that are sensitive and extremely offensive to people of other cultures, go to hell, we don't care. It also goes to show how ignorant we are as a bangsa.
I hope someone will make noise about this, louder than that made over the dadah comment. And demand that Astro and the AF host apologise to the whole world, or face a multi-million ringgit suit.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home