I am not a happy man. I've just finished filing my income tax (thanks to my tax consultant), and as usual, found out that I need to fork out a large sum of money to top up the amount already auto-deducted from my hard-earned salary. It just irks me knowing what I'm paying will go mostly towards subsidising and maintaining other people's life-styles, most of whom -- in absolute terms -- are much better off than me.

It is just so bloody unfair! What to do, says my consultant, it's the way the system works. People like me would just fall through the cracks where not a morsel of benefit from the government's scheme of things trickles through. This year, I will pay more zakat instead. At least I have an idea where the money will go to.

1 comments:

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

7:49 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home